Sanitation Service Rates
The Sanitation Department provides each residential customer with a 96- Gallon wheeled cart for solid waste disposal. Each cart is picked up on a bi-weekly basis. Customers within the city limits are charged a monthly rate of $19.85 per month. Customers living within 1 ½ mile radius of the City are offered solid waste services at the rate of $21.95 per month, with approved application for services. A $10.00 fee will be charged for cleaning.
Cart Basic "Do" & "Do Not" List:
- Do bag your trash to reduce litter.
- Do place cart at point of pickup by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Do remove your cart from the street or curb and return to storage area on the same day of service.
- Do not over fill your cart. The lid must close in order to prevent litter. Maximum weight of 336 lbs.
- Do not place hot ashes, cinders, coals or any other burning material in your cart.
- Do not put bricks, concrete, dirt, rocks, or other metal materials that may damage the cart.
- Do not put flammable liquids (gas or motor oils) in cart.
- Do not place hazardous materials in cart.
- Do not take cart with you when you move.
Replacement cost of $57.60 will be assessed for damaged or lost carts.
- Residential: $19.85
- Commercial: $20.70
- County Residential: $21.95
- County Commercial: $41.80
- Dumpster Rental: $16.05
- Extra Container Charge: $8.00
- The Sanitation Department has 1 ½ – cubic, 2- cubic, 4- cubic and 6- cubic yard containers available for commercial solid waste disposal. Rates are based on size, number of containers, and frequency of service. We’ll be happy to help you determine the size and amount of service you feel you need, feel free to contact us at 208-434-2430.